Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coping with the Transition to College

1. How was your first week of stay at MCL?
I was quite nervous at my first day at MCL. Ofcourse, I don't know anyone yet besides my past classmates. And the professors seemed strict at first impressions. I think that I'll really have to study hard if I want to pass their subjects. Their grading system is very different from highschool. My drawing professor was fine bit he is very strict when it comes to our drawings. I can't beleive that even thumbmarks are not acceptable for him and he knows! He really wants a CLEAN drawing. My other teachers were funny and they make the subject, that seem boring, interesting. One example is my teacher in Socsci. She told us that we'll be analyzing more on the subject than memorizing. It was good for me because I hate memorizations. While some professors are okay. Also, I noticed some rooms which are cold. The other rooms are fine with me but I hate R300 because it has the coldest temperature inside. It's already freezing once you get in without your jacket. We actually had to go to the restroom to warm ourselves up, once. I also had an experience on the oval. Me and one of my classmates tried racing on it. We didn't perspire but we did ran out of breath. It was fun. But then it was a little bit hard to study because some of the books for our subjects are already out of stack in the bookstore. We had to xerox just so we can do assignments. It was good thing someone had a book to lend us. All in all my first experience in MCL was quite interesting.

2. Describe your professors. What are traits do you find positive in each one?
My drawing professor is funny but he is quite scary when it comes to drawings because he is very strict. Though he is strict, I know he is doing the right thing by teaching us patience, perseverance and discipline. My Socsci teacher is very funny. She has a good way of making the topics very interesting. I'm glad that her lectures were ore on analyzation than on memorizations. My math teacher is approachable. She always reminds us that if ever math confuses us, we must confront her so that she can explain better. My Values education teacher, I have met her in MELT, is also a nice teacher. She also encourages us to speak in English. My Humanities teacher is very funny. She is nice and she tries to relate to some of our age so that she can explain best her lectures. My IT professor has a bit of a low voice. But he tries to make us laugh once in a while. My English teacher is also nice. All in all they are all okay because they try their best so that we can enjoy ourselves in studying and learning from them.

3. Describe your blockmates/section. What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of your section?
My blockmates/section is very "makulit". They are fun to hang out with. Although most of the time they really enjoy teasing some of our classmates, it's still fun to hang out with them. I noticed that we are all "jolly" persons because we smile a lot. They are friendly.
The strengths maybe of our section is our bonding because we always talk about interesting stuffs. Our weaknesses maybe would be shyness because some of us are stiil shy about one another.

4. How do you find your courses? Which ones do you think are easy and which ones do you think are a little bit challenging? Why?
My courses shoul not be gone easy on. I think Values Education would be easy in some ways. But I find Math, Drawing and Socsci a bit challenging. I think they are challenging because I am not at all so great at that subject and I only have an average thinking so I'm still nervous. But I won't say that "I will not pass". I just don't expect a high grade from them.

5. Do you have any adjustment you feel you are going through or must go through? What are they? Cite examples in terms in your academics, emotions, and social environment.
Yes, I feel I have adjustments I must go through. I must work hard more and stop lazing around for a while. I must also have time to take my studies seriuosly. I should know how to organize myself and to moderate myself with my friends or the things I want to try/do like the oval.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!
    Ganyan lang talaga pag sa una, ate.

    pero... pag nagtagal ay masasanay ka rin

    ReplyDelete