Sunday, August 2, 2009

Self-Respect/ Respect for Others

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?
I feel that it was what I need to succeed and that it is who I really am. I realized that most of those positive qualities are revolving around a will of strong determination.


2. The Golden Rule says “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates: - when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation, - when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion; - when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation; - when you commit mistake; - when you don’t like doing what they ask you to do and - when they want to give you their comments or suggestions?
Given by the following situations, I want people to respect me and I will respect them as well. Not all of us are perfect and we do commit mistakes. It's part of our humanity. But what is great about mistakes is that we'll be able to learn what is to do and what not to, this way, we won't have to repeat the same mistakes again and again. Not only do I want respect if I commit mistakes, but also when I give an opinion. I believe we have every right to express our opinions. Also I want my decisions to be respected. Obviously, I have my reason why I decided that way. And in return, I will also respect them as well. Just like how I want to be respected if I cite my opinion, I will also respect their comments and suggestions knowing if it will be good for me or if it will benefit me.

b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect, what can you commit to yourself in terms dealing with the MCL community: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?
I will just do my part by respecting others.I will follow their rules or instructions. Treat them like how I treat my friends and help them if they are in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment